Established 1917, the Max Theatres is known for providing a unique moving going experience by dishing up a little nostalgia mixed with all the current popular films at a very reasonable price. While visiting, don't forget to try one of our specialty sweet drinks, our Coffee Espresso Bar, or some of our acclaimed popcorn!
We strive to offer the most enjoyable movie going experience.
From our Facebook poll...
The Old Fashioned Cherry Coke is the Favorite Fountain Drink at The Max Theatres. Close second? The Beetlejuice.
Here's your 3-day box office returns (new releases bolded):
1. Captain America: The Winter Soldier - $26.6 million ($201.5 million total)
2. Rio 2 - $22.5 million ($75.3 million total)
3. Heaven Is for Real - $21.5 million ($28.5 million total)
4. Transcendence - $11.1 million ($11.1 million total)
5. A Haunted House 2 - $9.1 million ($9.1 million total)
6. Draft Day - $5.9 million ($19.5 million total)
7. Divergent - $5.7 million ($133.9 million total)
8. Oculus - $5.2 million ($21.1 million total)
9. Noah - $5.0 million ($93.2 million total)
10. God's Not Dead - $4.8 million ($48.3 million total)
The Big Stories
What a difference a day makes. Two days, actually. Or three if you want to consider the Easter calendar. The latest faith-based...
There are some deep, hearty, tear-soaked laughs to be found in Intramural, a new comedy from director Andrew Disney, who bottled up his love of movies like Wet Hot American Summer and Hot Rod and then dumped it all over this silly sports spoof about a group of losers who long to win the most meaningless football games.
Every square inch of the underdog sports movie is tossed into a joke blender and then distributed to a young, up-and-coming ensemble full of sketch-comedy veterans who feast on deconstructing a genre that's full of cheesy, emotional stories meant to tug at your bro heartstrings. Most of it works, too, mining laughs from decades worth of sports-movie clichés, and while they could've gone even further with the concept (and the comedy), the...